Photobucket

Monday, January 14, 2008

Sweet girl

Yesterday, we were visiting with Memaw and Papaw Guy. Papaw Guy has Alzheimer's and his mind has faded fast over the past couple of months. His body is failing also, leaving him bedridden. He is in a hospital bed in their living room. As the rest of us were at the table eating lunch yesterday, Cassidy had finished her two bites and had gotten down from the table. As we talked, we noticed that Cassidy perched herself on the chair next to Papaw's bed and was humming and singing songs to him very softly. She did that several times throughout the afternoon. I just know that that little soothing voice was a comfort to her Papaw Guy. I was so touched by her compassion and just knowing a simple way to keep him company. Maybe she was a preview of the angels singing.

1 comment:

Howard and Kim said...

How precious! I'm sitting here with tears as I imagine the scene.

Welcome to our family blog

For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you a hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11