Photobucket

Monday, July 6, 2009

Fourth of July

We had a really fun Independence Day weekend this year. I didn't take the camera along, however. I'm not sure what my deal is with that lately! Saturday, we celebrated Matt's grandma's 91st birthday. She is an amazing lady even as her health continues to fail. Her faith in her future in heaven is incredible. That was our afternoon activity for the fourth, but I get ahead of myself. The rainy morning was slow and quite nice. Matt enjoyed his girls piling on his lap for some TV. This is Daddy dreamland to him!
The clouds cleared and we had some swimming and fireworks in the evening before storms rolled in again. The much needed rain was nice and we had a great day. Sunday, our church had a "God and Country" service celebrating the freedom we have in our country and the freedom we have in Christ. I am truly thankful that we have the freedom to celebrate both.

No comments:

Welcome to our family blog

For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you a hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11