Photobucket

Monday, October 26, 2009

Chinese Moon Festival

In the fall, when the moon is at its fullest and brightest, the Chinese celebrate their Moon Festival. I won't go into the legends and details, but one of the traditions is to eat moon cakes along with lots of other food. I got a moon cake recipe from the lady who does cooking demonstrations at China Camp every year and decided to give it a try. It called for a filling of a paste made from bean curd. I knew THAT wouldn't go over well, so I made a little lemon cake filling instead. I must say that they weren't terrible, but no one asked for seconds. The moon was beautiful that night! The Moon Festival is an important family time in China. We took time to pray for Cassidy's birth parents at bedtime.


No comments:

Welcome to our family blog

For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you a hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11