Photobucket

Monday, September 8, 2008

Our sweet little Chinese hick

Cassidy and Matt like to have arguments that go something like this.

"I love you Cassidy."

"Daddy, I love you morler." (We love that word.)

As I was tucking Cassidy into bed a couple of nights ago, I told her I would love her forever. She thought for a second and said, "Is forever morler?" I said, "Yes, it is." She said, "Well then, I love you forever!" Gotta love it!

On another subject, our homeschooling has taken a little slow down. In Cassidy's hick accent, the short i & e make the same sound, as do the short o and u. We have to re-learn how to speak to get this, I think! Arghh, the curses of living in Oklahoma.

oh well...I'm sure we'll get it.

2 comments:

Howard and Kim said...

Hmmmm... could you teach Natalie that "30" is not pronounced "firty?"

I personally love the hick accent on our little people. It isn't quite as cute when you're 40 something....

Kim

Jill and Rick said...

I love the accent too! (but of course I'm not responsible for teaching them letter sounds, . . .) ;-)

Jill

Welcome to our family blog

For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you a hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11